Act Today to Save ACA and Medicaid
Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act are once again in real danger! The Cassidy-Graham bill is gaining momentum and could be voted on next week. 3 things you can do NOW:
- Join Sen. Blumenthal's Rally to Save Medicaid and the ACA
THIS WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20
1:30 PM, Room 1A
Legislative Office Building, Hartford
- Contact Republican Senators to let them know how this will affect you/people you know.
Toll-free #: 888-981-9704.
Key Senators are: Bill Cassidy (LA), Susan Collins (ME), Lisa Murkowski (AK), Shelley Moore Capito (WV), Jeff Flake (AZ), John McCain (AZ), Rob Portman (OH), Tom Cotton (AR), John Boozman (AR), Cory Gardner (CO), Chuck Grassley (IA), Joni Ernst (IA), Jerry Moran (KS), Dean Heller (NV), Lamar Alexander (TN), Bob Corker (TN), Ron Johnson (WI), Todd Young (IN).
- Contact Sen. Blumenthal and Murphy and Representatives Larson, Courtney, DeLauro, Himes
and Esty to urge their continued opposition to Republican plans to destroy the ACA and
Medicaid and share your stories. Contact information here.
- Background: The Graham-Cassidy bill is just as bad as all of the previous repeal efforts, if not worse. It would, among other things:
- Cause 15 million people to become uninsured by next year
- Leave approximately 32 million people uninsured by 2027
- Eliminate ACA’s expansion of Medicaid for low-income people
- Eliminate ACA’s subsidies that help people afford premiums
- Decimate Medicaid through “per capita caps” – leading to funding caps and billions of
dollars in cuts
- Allow states to gut consumer protections – including protections for people with pre-
- Defund Planned Parenthood and restrict abortion coverage for plans sold on AHCT
For more information, including the impact on individual state budgets, see CBPP report here.