Help Preserve Health Care - Today and Tomorrow
1) The Republican Tax Cut Bill is heading for a vote on the Senate floor - maybe as early as Thursday or Friday. This bill would eliminate the ACA's individual mandate and result in 13 million more uninsured people and even higher premium costs. You can help stop this bill:
- share your story with Move On so they can use it to oppose the bill
- contact Sen. Blumenthal and Murphy to register your concern. Get connected here.
- contact friends and families in states with key Republican senators - Collins (Maine), Corker (Tennessee), Flake and McCain (Arizona), Daines (Montana) and Johnson (Wisconsin)
2) The American Academy of Pediatrics has declared November 30 "#Extend CHIP" day: "Throughout the day, we encourage advocates to contact their members of Congress, share messages on social media and amplify the message that Congress must immediately extend CHIP funding for five years. By concentrating our efforts, we hope to elevate the conversation on CHIP and draw attention to the urgency around extending funding." Lots of information, including talking points, available here.