Join Connecticut health care activists to plan our next steps on health care.
Health Care Action Summit
Saturday, October 14
8:45 am - 3:30 pm
Thomas Edison Middle School
Speakers: Jacob Hacker, Yale University; Kevin Lembo, State Comptroller; Tekisha Everette, Health Equity Solutions; Tim Foley, SEIU CT State Council; Frances Padilla, Universal Health Care Foundation of CT.
- Chuck Bell, Consumers Union, on health care costs
- Micaela Blei, The Moth, and Onnesha Roychoudhuri, Speech/Act, on story-telling for social change
- Brian Rosman, Health Care For All, Massachusetts, on state-based reforms
- Rose Garcia Ferraro, UHCF, on basics of health care policy
- Leslie Gabel-Brett on health care messaging
- Tekisha Everette and Claudine Constant, Health Equity Solutions on health disparities in Connecticut
- Brenda Lopez, Alison Martinez-Carrasco and Luis Luna, Make the Road CT on community organizing
- Deb Polun, CHCACT, and Susan Yolen, Planned Parenthood on advocacy strategies
- Jill Zorn, UHCF on getting to universal health care