Keep HUSKY Parents in the Final Budget Deal!
State House and Senate leaders are working on a state budget for 2019. In proposals released on Tuesday afternoon, the Medicare Savings Program for seniors and people with disabilities AND the HUSKY A program for parents are restored. These are the first budget proposals which include restoring coverage for the 13,000 working parents in HUSKY A. But it's not a final budget deal yet. Let's make sure legislative leadership knows how important coverage for HUSKY A parents is.
Contact legislative leadership today and tell them we need restoration of HUSKY A coverage now! Names and contact information below.
- Rep. Joe Aresimowicz (Speaker of the House) at 860-240-8500; Joe.Aresimowicz@cga.ct.gov
- Rep. Matt Ritter (House Majority Leader) at 860-240-8585; Matthew.Ritter@cga.ct.gov
- Rep. Themis Klarides (House Minority Leader) at 860-240-8700; Themis.Klarides@housegop.ct.gov
- Sen. Martin Looney (Sen. President) at 860-240-0375; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Len Fasano (Sen. Republican President) at 800-842-1421; Len.Fasano@cga.ct.gov
- Sen. Bob Duff (Sen. Majority Leader) at 860-240-0414; Duff@senatedems.ct.gov
Information about HUSKY Parents and the towns they live in available here.
Good News! HB 5210, the bill to put Affordable Care Act protections into state law, passed the Senate Monday night by a vote of 34-2. Only needs the Governor's signature to become law.