Join Health Care Summit - Workshop Descriptions Available
The October 14 Health Care Action Summit will feature knowledge- and skill-building workshops led by state and national leaders in health care and organizing. Workshop leaders include:
- Chuck Bell, Consumers Union, on health care costs
- Micaela Blei, The Moth, and Onnesha Roychoudhuri, Speech/Act, on story-telling for social change
- Brian Rosman, Health Care For All, Massachusetts, on state-based reforms
- Rose Garcia Ferraro, UHCF, on basics of health care policy
- Leslie Gabel-Brett on health care messaging
- Health Equity Solutions on health disparities in Connecticut
- Brenda Lopez, Alison Martinez-Carrasco and Luis Luna, Make the Road CT on community organizing
- Deb Polun, CHCACT, and Susan Yolen, Planned Parenthood on advocacy strategies
- Ann Pratt, CCAG, on getting involved in election
- Jill Zorn, UHCF on getting to universal health care
Full agenda and workshop descriptions here.
Register for the Summit here.
Child care available - please notify us by Oct. 6.
Check the Protect Our Care CT website (www.protectourcarect.org) for more updates.